PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting the Morn’

Mark Fuge
07-22-2010, 08:55 AM
This is a small marina, by Florida standards, in Ft Pierce near the Manatee Center.

Modifications in CS4 included; Warming Filter, Poster Edge, B&W conversion w/Sepia Toning, Find Edge, Invert, Shadow & Highlight and Hue & Saturation adjustments.

Enjoy!

Kerry Perkins
07-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Mark, this is an interesting image with the gold tones and black sky. Looks like a painting on sandstone. I see the water, but what is the interaction?

denise ippolito
07-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Mark, I like the way you processed this. The colors are interesting. I do wish that the top didn't look clipped-maybe it's because some of the tops of the masts are at the edge and it makes the others appear to be clipped. Interesting image.

Indranil Sircar
07-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Interesting effect, Mark. Nicely processed. I too wish the masts were not clipped.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Mark,
I too like the processing that you have done here - the clours are very pretty. Another vote for not clipping the masts :)
Best,
Nicki

Mark Fuge
07-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Image is full frame, so I had to cut off the tops of the masts to get in the dock area. However, with sailboat images this is not usually a problem, as they often extend out of the frame. A vertical wouldn't work in this case. I wanted to capture the boats, in anticipation of the day to come.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-23-2010, 07:03 PM
I like your framing and the masts showing off well against the black sky. Got the story about the boats waiting to go out in the morning.:)

Cheryl Slechta
07-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Mark, I really like the effect you got here with the golds against the black. I think its beautiful:)

Mark Fuge
07-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks Jackie and Cheryl for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.