PDA

View Full Version : Calla Lili

Jay Sheinfield
07-21-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm a bit outside my usual subject matter on this, and looking for feedback on composition, interest and .............

Nikon D3
105mm macro

1/20 sec@f/22

Roman Kurywczak
07-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Hey Jay,
I like that you got some seperation between the buds and the light looks pretty good....the bright blueish/whitish streks on the petals have got to go.....to distracting overall. I'm OK with the cutting of elements here as you did it all around but do wonder if it would look better with the entire lower bloom.....that is one of it's main attractions....it's shape.....might get to much other stuff in though.....so for now just a leaf clean up.

Julie Kenward
07-22-2010, 07:35 AM
I like your comp, Jay, but wouldn't mind seeing a bit more space as it feels very tight in the frame to me. I'd also clone out those light streaks on the greenery as they do pull the eye away from the blossoms.

Anita Bower
07-23-2010, 06:17 AM
Nice job. I don't mind the crop as it focuses attention on the edges of the petals. I like that one flower is mostly purple and the other mostly white, but each has some of the other's color. Removing the spots on the leaves will make a huge improvement. I'd also like to see it brightened up a bit. Very nice!

Jay Sheinfield
07-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks for feedback.............this image does need more work.

Jay