PDA

View Full Version : wilderness waterfall

peter delaney
07-21-2010, 01:19 PM
I decided to go for a hike in our local forest today, didnt take my tripod as it is way to heavey and cumbersome....

came across a small waterfall, had to improvise and rest camera on rocks etc....

anyway my first attempt at capturing a waterfall ... decided to convert to B&W as water is very brackish...added a warm tone ...

D3 14-24 @ 24mm 1/6 @ f22 iso 100

now every muscle in my body is aching:):)

Dave Mills
07-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Peter, Very nice conversion with good lighting and detail throughout. Also good contrast which is important especially in B&W. I like your comp but might have moved a small bit more to the left in order to get in more of the falls.Nice one regardless...

Nick Palmieri
07-21-2010, 06:41 PM
I really like the speed you caught the waterfalls. I agree that not much in the upper left corner is adding to the image so cropping in more on the falls would strengthen this image. Like your B&W conversion but may open the shadows a bit more

Roman Kurywczak
07-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Hey Peter,
I agree with Dave that if you could.....2 steps left to get the falls base a bit more.....but probably because you didn't have the tripod:confused:. I do think you could open up the dark areas a touch....maybe with some slight dodging....but overall the conversion was very well done!

Kaushik Balakumar
07-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Nice details and sharpness on the rocks. Good conversion.
For my tastes, I might crop about an inch off from top (just tried scrolling the page & felt that such a crop would be better).