PDA

View Full Version : Sydney in HDR

dawn campbell
07-20-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm clearly landscape challenged, but I did like this shot of Sydney from the sea. It was processed in HDR but a fairly natural rendition. Suggestions gratefully received!

dawn campbell
07-20-2010, 07:45 PM
pardon the operational difficulties... I thought I had attached it.

Don Railton
07-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Well Dawn...I think it's beautiful. I do see a little yellow foggy area on the RHS just above the building line and a much fainter area on the same spot on the LHS that I am wondering about. You do have a lot of sky also but I like that. There is enough detail in that to maintain my interest.

TFS

DON

dawn campbell
07-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks Don. Seems to me the sun was starting to set which could account for the yellowish areas, but I'll take a closer look. Might have been the processing.

Alfred Forns
07-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi Dawn Sweet capture Was wondering going to a pano? Sky does look good but proportion will make it worth the effort !!

dawn campbell
07-24-2010, 01:36 PM
That would have been great, but I was travelling without a tripod, and on a boat so I don't think I could have handheld it well enough to do a pano. I also have found that when trying to do panos involving water, it's pretty hard, since the water is always moving and even on a high-speed burst it's enough to mess it up. That said, I haven't really tried very hard to see if I could edit the problems with layers and masks in Photoshop. Is there a way to counter that?

Thanks for looking!

Harold Davis
07-24-2010, 06:17 PM
dawn, with the quality work you do with the flora, i'm sure you could figure out how to work the water in a stitch!!:D this is still fantastic as is. the sky and the light really make it nice!