PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln's Sparrow

Glenn Bartley
07-20-2010, 05:57 PM
This one was taken in N. Saskatchewan while I was driving back from Churchill / Thompson. I saw some habitat that looked right for Palm Warbler...pulled over...heard one immediately and went after that shot. This little guy was icing on the cake :)

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/320 sec
Aperture: 6.3
Exposure compensation: +1/3
Flash: On
ISO: 400
Focal length: 700mm

To see videos from my roadtrip - http://www.glennbartley.com/naturephotography/articles/Cross%20Canada%20video%20blog.html

Randy Stout
07-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Glenn:

Nicely framed by perch, fun , active pose, nice angle in frame.
The bird looks a bit soft on my monitor. In a perfect world, perhaps a few less twigs, but not something you can control on a natural perch.
Cheers

Randy

Danny J Brown
07-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Hi Glenn - This is a wonderful Lincoln's sparrow composition on a great perch. I shoot these around our farm and have really fell in love with them. I suspect it was sharper before you posted it.....I'm having the same problem for some reason as the transition from my final jpeg prep to the actual posting loses a little sharpness. Nice one.

DB

Glenn Bartley
07-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi Glenn - This is a wonderful Lincoln's sparrow composition on a great perch. I shoot these around our farm and have really fell in love with them. I suspect it was sharper before you posted it.....I'm having the same problem for some reason as the transition from my final jpeg prep to the actual posting loses a little sharpness. Nice one.

DB

Yes I'm not sure why the sharpness dropped off...the original file is definitely sharper than this one...

Simon Bennett
07-21-2010, 02:29 AM
Nice pose and setting Glenn.