PDA

View Full Version : Wild Mustang Foal

Mike Robinson
07-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Photographed in the mountains of Montana not far from here the day before yesterday. Dale Franz and I camped for a couple of days in the location where he runs his summer wild mustang tour. The best action occurred just after a wicked thunderstorm at last light.

Canon 1DMIV, 300 f2.8, Iso 1600, f4 @ 1/200 handheld, no crop.

Sandra K. Mathews-Benham
07-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh, I just love this photograph! I have always been a huge fan of Wild Horse Annie, and thanks to her (and others), there are still mustangs in the "wild". The flowers in the background give great color, and the face that they serve as more of a watercolor palette are really pleasing to the eye. I love that there is OOF in the foreground, really gives you a sense of peeking in on the babe. The facial expression is priceless.

How far away were you?

Mike Robinson
07-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks, Sandra,

It's not a question of how close you can get, but rather you find yourself constantly backing up from these inquisitive animals so that you don't crop legs and tails. I was probably no more than 15 - 20 yards from this foal.

Harshad Barve
07-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Lovely surroundings , expressions and techs , Top shot Mike , big congrats
TFS

DanWalters
07-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Like the expression and the little bit of white in the eye. Like the wildflowers as well.

Hendri Venter
07-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Top shot Mike. Lovely surroundings with great colours and a nice pose from the foal.