PDA

View Full Version : To the last sinew...

Morkel Erasmus
07-20-2010, 02:15 PM
This is one of the 4 cheetah cubs who were gorging on a springbok their mother had killed. I posted a few images of the initial feast, this was taken a little later when the cubs had each taken a limb and sauntered off to enjoy the last dregs of the meal by themselves. The light was challenging as the late afternoon sun would just occasionally peak through the clouds.

Techs:
Canon 7D with 100-400mm L IS USM @ 250mm
f5.6 @ 1/250 SS @ ISO-250
I was shooting on auto ISO as the light was fading fast

Nico Steenberg
07-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Great sighting and sharpness were its matters ! Exposure and natural colours spot on Well done Morkel ;)

Marc Mol
07-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Did well in the challenging lighting here Morkel, might just selectively reduce the sharpness on the greenery just in front of it's meal.
TFS

Harshad Barve
07-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Excellent sighting Morkelbhai and you have grabbed opportunity with both hands , agreed with Marc here
TFS

Hendri Venter
07-21-2010, 01:39 AM
I like the blood stained fur and sharp head. Great sighting and image Morkel.

"Guest Post: ‘The Kgalagadi – Space, Sand, Silence, Serenity’ by Morkel Erasmus" http://www.photo-africa.com/2010/07/guest-post-kgalagadi-space-sand-silence-serenity-by-morkel-erasmus/

Stunning work from you mate.;)

Steve Kaluski
07-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Nice light Morkel and love the pose with the haunches at the back very evident. Think this one was very hungry, not getting distracted by your presence. Only wish for a clearer view of the face & meal, but that is in an ideal world. :cheers:

TFS
Steve :)

Morkel Erasmus
07-21-2010, 03:54 PM
thanks for the feedback everyone - will check the sharpening

Steve - I do have some with eye contact, just liked this one more at first impression