PDA

View Full Version : Golden

Charissa
07-19-2010, 02:27 AM
It seems as if i don,t have a natural talent for landscape photography, always missing something crucial, or over doing things, but i do love to take photos of landscape scenes.:o So, again, all help will be appreciated. I tend to like the more dramatic pp work, and am over doing most of my landscapes because of that. :)
http://i28.tinypic.com/28j9dk.jpg
Canon 50D
10-20 Sigma lens @ 10mm
f22
1/8 sec
ISO 100

Roman Kurywczak
07-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Hi Charissa,
Well.....I think this is very dramatic and is a bit close to over done......but I love dramatic! I think you can lighten the RH side of the sky,.....most of the darker water, and a few of the darker areas of rock on the left......as the MG is a touch too dark. I would also consider dodging the distant waves a touch to whiten them.....adding further interest. Looking at this, I see subtle cloud details in the greys.....so bringing them up even more will only increase the drama. Lastly....the ULC is a touch dark/black......see if you can lighten that just a touch. Remember....these recommendations are tiny in scope.....no big adjustmensts as that will ruin the mood and drama! The water and rock MG lightening will be the biggest...and will just open this up some more. I really like the comp with the sand and rocks leading us to the bright sky opening....I also like the dramatic PP'ing....although not everyones cup of tea......a few more tweaks will make this one really shine!

Dave Mills
07-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi Charissa, Let me start off and say I like this image. You seem to have got down low and used the feint line in the sand as a leading line taking the eye out to the rocky crag. The sky is dramatic with interesting coloration that doesn't seem too way out. Roman gave some very good points but all seem to be minor tweaks that as he stated shouldn't be overdone. Well thought out comp....

Charissa
07-19-2010, 03:08 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/260qs5j.jpg

Thanks Roman and Dave, for suggestions. Does this one looks a bit better?

Dave Mills
07-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi Charissa, Yes it does...like what you did...

Lance Warley
07-20-2010, 05:37 AM
The repost does a great job of incorporating the suggestions. I really like the repost.

Ken Watkins
07-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Charissa,

I have no idea about landscapes and rarely take them, this is as stated very dramatic. Hats off to you the repost is magnificent.

Robert Amoruso
07-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Nice job on the rework.

Roman Kurywczak
07-20-2010, 09:19 AM
HI Charissa,
Yep.....repost works for me too! It keep the drama yet just opens up the image a bit more for exploring. Nice job with the suggestions and implementing them!!!

Charissa
07-27-2010, 06:07 AM
Thanks everyone, appreciate.