PDA

View Full Version : Ascension!

Bob Miller
07-18-2010, 07:32 PM
When i removed the messed up stem of the original i liked the way the columbine seemed to be ascending:D
Nikon D-300
1/80 sec at f8
ISO800
180 mm Tamron macro
All comments welcome!

OvidiuCavasdan
07-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Beautiful flower and nice idea. Not sure but I think I would like a bit more contrast.

Jay Sheinfield
07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Hi Bob,

I agree with Ovidiu........It appears buy the BG that you might have a color shift in the image. I hope you don't mind, I took a shot at color correcting the image with auto tone and added some contrast (curves). A bit more DOF would have been nice. Otherwise good BG and placement.

What happened to the stem?

Jay

Julie Kenward
07-19-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't usually like the "suspended" look but I do like it here, Bob. I think the tilt and angle you chose is very nice and you did a good job of filling the frame but leaving some negative space to balance it out.

I do like Jay's corrected post as well. It does give it a bit more pop. I would also consider darkening the one lighter area just to the lower left of the flower. Nicely done!

Ken Childs
07-20-2010, 06:43 AM
I like this a lot without the stem. It gives it a very alien look. I agree that it could use a slight contrast boost.

Bob Miller
07-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments!
ken...That's how i saw it too....very alien looking!
Jay- thanks for the contrast boost idea!

Roman Kurywczak
07-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Hey Bob,
Well.....I'm going against the grain here......but I don't like the floating look in this case........although I am wondering why as the presentation is very clean...which I like. It is a risk you take with an unusual presentation.......so just keep that in mind. I think Jay went nicely with the color correction and contrast.....good ideas to implement as well as Jules idea of toning/blending the brighter area down. Light handled very nicely too!

Anita Bower
07-21-2010, 01:15 PM
I don't mind the floating flower, and think Jay's repost helps. I would clean up some of the spots on the yellow areas.