Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 157mm
Lens = nikkor 105mm/f2,8 VR

Roman Kurywczak
07-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Hey Adrian,
Really like how you placed the bud against the other flowers with excellent details throughout! I was debating the LLC but it balnces the LRC somewhat and adds to the overall flower filed IMO.
Perhaps a touch bright on the yellows....only in the BG.....but an easy fix. Very nicely done!

Anita Bower
07-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Glorious colors and details! Especially like the center with the overlapping petals. I like the centered composition for this round subject. I find the surrounding sunflowers distracting. I'm not good enough at blurring a BG, so I took the liberty of cropping it to give you an idea of another presentation. I also cloned a few of the blemishes on the green areas, used paint brush for a quick smoothing of surrounding yellows, and brightened it a bit with curves and contrast. Hope you don't mind.

Adrian David
07-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Thank you very much Roman!

Adrian David
07-19-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't mind, Anita!
The idea was to show a glimpse of what the bud, wannabe...That's why I left some details in the BG.

Julie Kenward
07-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Anita did exactly what I was thinking of doing! I love it like that! I can see this as a giant poster it's so beautiful, Adrian. I also like the original post but I think with the background cleaned up it totally pops!

Ken Childs
07-20-2010, 06:41 AM
I also think a tighter crop is the way to go with this one. The edges of the the BG were distracting, IMO, and need to be cropped or at least cloned away. I like Anita's version but I think I'd like it better if parts of the flower hadn't been cut off.

Adrian David
07-20-2010, 02:15 PM
A different edit...