PDA

View Full Version : Lake Clark NP Bear Cub

Katie Rupp
07-18-2010, 02:55 PM
This image was taken in Alaska while on the Alaskan Brown Bears Workshop with Dale Frantz. We only had one morning with sunshine (and of course that was the day we left---in the morning, too!) That said, the workshop was awesome, the cubs too cute, the views beautiful and the bears were sometimes frighteningly close. This little guy was sitting in the rain taking a rest from sparring with his sibling. C&C requested and greatly appreciated.

Canon 1dm3; f5, 1/800, ISO 800; 500mm

peter delaney
07-18-2010, 03:10 PM
love it....great composition, love the colours of the habitat around him...pose is awesome...
fabulous shot

well done!!

peter

DanWalters
07-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Great comp and the soft light really brings out the details in the bear. Really like the eyes as well.

Ken Watkins
07-19-2010, 12:16 AM
What a beautiful shot great colours and neat pose. It looks on my monitor that it could do with just a little more sharpening especially around the head.

Steve Kaluski
07-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi Katie, well judging on the techs & the weather you have done well.

Judging on the nose & eyes I thing the sharpening is spot on, as there is enough clarity and detail there, the subtlety of the rain falling is a nice touch in the BG too. I might just crop a fraction off the rhs and add a fraction above, otherwise looks good to me.

TFS
Steve ;)

Peter den Hartog
07-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Lovely shot indeed! Very well executed in the rain!

I am more a fan of a slightly more room around the bear.

Katie Rupp
07-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Thank you all, and Steve, I agree with your crop suggestion and I was wishing for more at the top but alas, no more at the top although I could take a bit more from the rhs.

Hi Katie, well judging on the techs & the weather you have done well.

Judging on the nose & eyes I thing the sharpening is spot on, as there is enough clarity and detail there, the subtlety of the rain falling is a nice touch in the BG too. I might just crop a fraction off the rhs and add a fraction above, otherwise looks good to me.

TFS
Steve ;)

Danny J Brown
07-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Wonderful shot, Katie. The look on the little fella's face and the gorgeous surrounding put this one in the "A" category. Great image.

DB

Harshad Barve
07-20-2010, 04:42 AM
wow , what a beautiful image , loveley mood here
TFS

D. Robert Franz
07-20-2010, 08:45 AM
You know I love it.... A few of the suggestions above would be helpful.....

Hendri Venter
07-20-2010, 11:52 AM
I agree that some suggestions above might improve it but I also like as is. How I would love to capture these animals one day....