PDA

View Full Version : My Time- Early Morning

Richard Mc Donald
07-18-2010, 07:05 AM
This shot epitomises why I love the remoteness of the area I live in and my love of bird/wildlife photography.

Canon EOS-1D Mark II
Canon EF 500L f/4.0
ISO 400
f/5.6
1/1600sec
AV
Evaluative Metering
Center Focus
RAW
Gitzo G-1348 Wimberly Head <script type="text/javascript"> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "10"); //--> </script>

Thanks
Richard

Randy Stout
07-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Richard:

Very peaceful. I like the repeating angle trunks, play of light across the water in foreground, mist/fog, muted colors.
It would be worth the trouble to remove the out of focus branch in the left upper corner.

Well see.

Cheers

Randy

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-18-2010, 07:16 AM
Ditto Randy's comments. Love the peaceful feeling of this image and the beautiful lighting and composition. TFS.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-18-2010, 07:30 AM
I like the light, mood and composition and might only remove the OOF branch in the upper left.

Mike Fuhr
07-18-2010, 08:09 AM
I agree - conveys the peace of early morning. Very nice mood. Maybe crop off the bottom to remove the oof grass and the thin strip of pond -- it helps focus the attention (mine at least:)) on the birds. I didn't even see the oof branch...

Nicki Gwynn Jones
07-18-2010, 12:51 PM
I would definitely clone out the OOF branch. Otherwise, stunning - great mood :)

Kaustubh Deshpande
07-19-2010, 10:37 AM
A nice moody image.....really liked it. Beautifull in every sense of the word. Having said that, I think it can be substantially improved by some curves work.....pumping in a little more contrast by setting the black point, for example.

I agree with Mike on cropping the bottom strip of water and may be crop a little from top to balance. A pano crop will do more justice and put the emphasis on the birds.