PDA

View Full Version : Giants Blanket

lee bothma
07-18-2010, 04:30 AM
Captured this on a trip to Giants Castle last week, a destination that is well known for it's bird life but also for it breathtaking landscapes, this was my first a try at this type of photography and i am happy with the results,

Canon 7D
Canon 10-22mm
30sec at f/3.5
ISO 3200

Single exposure with light bounced off the hand to light the foreground,

all comments and crits welcome

Charissa
07-18-2010, 02:21 PM
As u should be Lee, excellent first capture of this type. Love the star trails Simple and effective comp IMO.

Roman Kurywczak
07-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi Lee,
Welcome to the forum! You should be thrilled with this as your first attempt!!! Great idea bouncing the flash.....just the right amount of light in the FG for me. I do think you could have gone slightly higher on the rocks and perhaps aim a bit more left......only because I want to see more of the fantastic Milky Way!!! Overall very well done!

peter delaney
Well done Lee. lovely image , a very special place Giants Castle, would have loved the rocks to be a little sharper... but stil i would be happy with this in my portfolio..

peter

Morkel Erasmus
a stunner mate...would be interested to hear how you processed the sky seeing as we both use a 7D for these types of shots :)
nice and effective compo...

Dave Mills
07-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi Lee, agree with above comments. Just the right amount of light on the rocks and I like how the MW arcs towards the center of the rocks. Well thought out!

Bob Miller
07-18-2010, 08:02 PM
HI Lee....super image esp for a first try! You have inspired me to get out there and give it a try! Just beautiful! TFS

Robert Amoruso
07-20-2010, 07:40 AM
I agree with Dave. The diagonal (always a strong compositional element) of the MW out of a corner and right too the bush is perfect. Welcome to Landscape.

Kaushik Balakumar
07-20-2010, 05:39 PM
An excellent image Lee. Loved the sky and the subtle lighting on the FG rocks.
Beautifully made.