PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlement - The Red Arrows

PeterCollins
07-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Hey Guys

I have a series of photos from the Raf Red Arrows 2010 display and this is first

In case you are not aware the Red Arrows had an accident eariler in the year when 2 aircraft collided mid practise display in the Med, in which 2 aircraft were written off and one involved an ejection. As such one pilot is sitting the season out due to injuries he sustained. Because of this the display season started a couple of months late as they had to train a replacement.

This move is pretty self explanatory. Technically I found this exceptionally difficult, its a good ol crop around 50% which unfortunately shows abit in this one I think. Trying to get the colors out on the red arrows on a sunny day is difficult as well.

D2x
70-200
1.7x Tc @340
F6.3
1/640
ISO 200
+1 + 1/3 Ev

C&C welcome -- I really like the timing of the shot, the action it captures and I think it really highlights how close these pilots do in fact fly, at points in the display the aircraft are less then 4ft apart (something i will show ya tomorrow ;) )

http://www.petercollinsphotography.com/Photos/Biggin/red8.jpg

Alfred Forns
07-18-2010, 06:24 AM
Shows well from your perspective Peter !!! Their skill levels are off the chart and courage right up along with it !!! Sweet !!!

..... btw will be out for a few days and not sure how much I will be able to get on line !!!!

Gary Esman
07-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Awesome shot with all four in the same frame. very intense.

Mike Tracy
07-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Really cool perspective. I might be inclined to desat the sky a tad to put further emphasis on the blue smoke.

Harold Davis
07-18-2010, 04:16 PM
agree with mike on desatting the sky. i might try some noise reduction also. this one is worth some extra work to make it really shine because the composition is perfect!! i love the in your face look here.

that's a shame about the accident. the blues had one here a couple years ago in beaufort, sc resulting in one death.

Josée Normandeau
07-18-2010, 06:16 PM
It looks like they are going to crash into each other!

Excellent perspective and composition!