PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo

Alfred Forns
07-17-2010, 07:25 PM
From the Davie Rodeo just North of us in Broward County ! I favor the bulls but the horses will give you a thrill .... and after the ride you need to get off the horse, that part is exciting !!! ... this was ISO 3200 on the Mk4

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Mike Tracy
07-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Caught at the peak of the action. Well done.

Was this an indoor arena ? If so I think the white balance is off by looking at the shirts.

Alfred Forns
07-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi Mike this is indoor with mixed artificial lighting Don't think you could color balance the entire scene since the temp changes, I went by the skin tone and white wrap he had on his hand ... plus the horse !!!

Mike Tracy
07-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi Mike this is indoor with mixed artificial lighting Don't think you could color balance the entire scene since the temp changes, I went by the skin tone and white wrap he had on his hand ... plus the horse !!!

Thanks for the reply. I thought the horse and cowboy looked good but had to ask. I have shot all sorts of sports from dinghy places to NBA arenas and the light can change from frame to frame even during a burst.

Alfred Forns
07-17-2010, 09:22 PM
.. same here Mike Have spoken to a couple of guys that shoot BB for the heat and they basically CB the person and leave all else alone ! Btw most of them have access to flash several times during the game, triggered remotely !! thats how they get the cool results !!

Harold Davis
07-18-2010, 04:20 PM
i was wondering about that wb issue. i could never get the entire scene to work out either. i was pulling my hair out!!

i love the layed back cowboy!! some sweet action! cant wait til the next one. i got some ideas!!!!!;)

Jerry Clement
07-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Gotta love rodeos, course, here in Alberta, we are surrounded by them at this time of the year. Love the motion of the tail! - where's that the 8 second horn!!!

Jerry

Harshad Barve
07-31-2010, 01:43 AM
OMG , terrific action shot Alfred ,
TFS