PDA

View Full Version : Portrait - Chinese Goose

Indranil Sircar
07-17-2010, 07:12 PM
This is my first image for the week... just did not have enough time to work on any portrait. Used DAP on a separate layer and applied multiple adjustment layers with masks to get the effect. Hope you like it...

Kerry Perkins
07-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Indranil, I like your portrait! Nice painteryl style and lovely colors. Would suggest lightening the eye a bit and opening up the crop at the top to show the whole neck, if you have it. Very nice!

Jackie Schuknecht
07-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Love the colour palette and the beautiful curved neck. VWD Indranil. Like the catchlight in the eye, gives a great focus point. Beautiful bird which I have never actually seen. Top notch PP work. You guys are making it tougher to judge. I have been mulling them over all week.

Indranil Sircar
07-18-2010, 02:30 AM
Kerry, Jackie, thanks. Appreciate your feedback.

Here is a repost with lightened up eyes just as Kerry suggested. I will work on another version showing the whole neck.

Cheryl Slechta
07-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Indranil - this is so beautiful. I love the pose and the look in his (or her) eye.

Kerry Perkins
07-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Congratulations Indranil, your image has been chosen as our weekly theme winner and will be entered as our wildcard pick for Image Of The Week! Good job!!

Christopher Miller
07-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Very nice, Indranil! Beautiful composition and painterly effect. I think just showing the whole neck as Kerry suggested would make it perfect. Well done! :)