PDA

View Full Version : Images not dsiplaying correctly

Mark Young
07-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I haven't posted much here since the upgrade to the site a couple of weeks ago, but I noticed yesterday when viewing some threads by other people that the images aren't displaying correctly on the page. The images are actually coming off the right side of the page.

I also posted a thread yesterday and noticed that the IQ of the image that I posted is very noticably reduced compared to what the IQ of the image actually is.

I've posted a screen shot below so that you can see what I mean.

If you want to see what I mean by just how much of a reduction there is in IQ of the bird I posted in the thread, compared with the actual image, then you can view the image here (http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj177/MTY400/Birds/Birds%20of%20Australia/RadjahShelduckIMG_9005.jpg), and the thread here (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?68189-Radjah-Shelduck&p=537703#post537703).

I am currently using Windows 7 and IE8, without any additional add on's. The image is 1000px wide and 132kb in size.

Declan Troy
07-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Hi Mark,

I too am not a big fan of the layouts that shift the images so much to the right; they require enlarging the browser window more than I care to. The good news is that you can alter the style of the layout to suite your tastes. Look at the bottom right of the page where there is a drop-down list of choices for the layout. I'm currently trying "green," which keeps the images entirely in view but seems to do so my making them a bit smaller. Not quite my preference but as the days go by there seems to be more options appearing.

As to your loss in IQ, there are many possible causes and others better able to diagnose your ailment. Many image display woes (primarily those associates with color so this may not help you) are resolved by using Safari or Firefox (color management used not be on by default but was an option).

James Shadle
07-18-2010, 10:41 PM
I am working on the image alignment issue.
Bugs me too.

Mark Young
07-19-2010, 03:15 AM
Thanks Declan and James, I wasn't sure if it was a forum bug or a user based issue.