PDA

View Full Version : Juanita Enjoys a Day at the Circus

Mark Fuge
07-17-2010, 07:36 AM
My wife was enjoying the circus, as all do that are fortunate to experience the real circus life behind the scenes.

This image was taken at the lakefront staging grounds, of the The Great Circus Parade in Milwaukee, which is put on by the Circus World Museum located in Baraboo, Wisconsin. Baraboo is the home of most of the great American circus families and the birthplace of the American circus.

The circus parade use to be an annual event, but due to the economy and cost, it has had an on and off history in later years. The latest parade was in 2009, after a four years hiatus. If you ever get to see it, you will not regret or forget it. But be sure to bring your camera and extra memory cards, as you will bring back lots of memories. The color and spectacle of all the original wagons, animals and bands, as well as the crowd, is beyond belief. Ernst Borgnine participated in the parade for over 30 years, as the Grand Clown, a position he dreamed of and got after revealing his dream on the tonight show years ago.

Modification included; DAP Aquarell, followed by Accent Edges and Topaz Detail in CS4.

Before you comment on the glasses, she is never without them. So her eyes are not for viewing! :( :D

Enjoy!

Jackie Schuknecht
07-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Again I like the Aquarell and your framing always is very good. I would be tempted to desat or tone down the reds just a bit.

Kerry Perkins
07-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Nice expression captured and I like the painterly effect. There are a few white spots in the top part of the black border that you might remove. Great smile for the camera!

Cheryl Slechta
07-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Mark, I love the portrait and the story that goes with it. Your wife looks like she's truly enjoying the moment. I kind of like the reds since it's a circus;) If you like to read, one of my favorite books is "Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen - a novel revolving around the circus and circus life on the road from the 40's or 50's (I think).

Mark Fuge
07-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Kerry, I saw that today after posting. :o Bummer.

Jackie and Cheryl. I pumped the colors a little due to the circus theme. But understand your feelings Jackie.