PDA

View Full Version : peonia

Valerio Tarone
07-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Anita Bower asked for others my images, so other blooming.
Nikon D70 zoom 70-210 f9,5 1!125 ISO 200 NO flash. Raw file converted
in this case like the dark BG.

Julie Kenward
07-18-2010, 07:56 AM
Valerio, I don't mind the black BG but there are a few other things I think you could improve upon here. First, the two front petals are totally out of focus and, at this angle, I find that distracting. If you had move the camera up higher and focused down on the center they wouldn't have been quite so prominent. Also, the use of some flash here would have opened up those back petals so we could see the entire flower without losing that black BG that you like. As it is now, the far right petal is overexposed and the others are underexposed. Fill flash can go a long way to evening that light out so it's more pleasing. I think your crop is nice except at the bottom of the frame where you've cut the predominant leaf off. Adding a bit more room there so the leaf could be entirely included would have made for a more balanced image overall.

Valerio Tarone
07-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks Julie. understand the critique . You mentioneed 'crop', thre's no crop.

Roman Kurywczak
07-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi Valerio,
I think Jules meant in camera crop.....or how you chose to compose it. I do think she gave you excellent advice........do you have a diffuser? It will soften the light harshness a bit.....if you don't....a sheer white bedsheet works well too....although you need help holding it!

Anita Bower
07-18-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm not going to add to the above advice. I like the angle you chose for this flower. Making the whole image softer would have gone well with that angle.