PDA

View Full Version : Emerald damselfly

thijs broekkamp
07-16-2010, 02:52 AM
Went out early this morning. A lot of wind, not to good for macro!

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae54/thijsbroekkamp/_MG_2945bwrktsrgbfull.jpg

Allen Sparks
07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
wow - I'd say you did really good despite the wind! I like the diagonal subject and the details in the thorax and abdomen. Great background. I might sharpen the eye some and tone down the brightness of the perch. Very nice overall.

Roman Kurywczak
07-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi Thijs,
Agree with Allen that this isn't the easiest subject when it is windy and I also agree on his recommendations for hsapening and toning down the flower.....that will help this image overall as the white of the flower now grabs the eye too much. VG comp with an excellent BG.

Julie Kenward
07-16-2010, 01:25 PM
I also think you did pretty well! I'd take a sliver off the bottom and put a sliver on the left side to give his tail end a little "breathing room." I'd also think about cloning out that little piece of OOF leaf in the URC.

Ken Childs
07-16-2010, 02:42 PM
I think Allen covered my thoughts pretty well.
It's too bad it was windy. This is a great looking bug and it would have been nice if you'd been able to shoot smaller than f8 so the wings would have been in focus.

Jonathan Ashton
07-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Very nice shot indeed, agree regard toning down the leaf a little. The damsel appears to be quite blue;I usually find them to be much more green in colour. I agree regards Jules' comment on composition.

thijs broekkamp
07-17-2010, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the comments!

I have enough time to try it again.