PDA

View Full Version : First post: gannet at rest

Josée Normandeau
07-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi BPN!

Have been looking for a while, decided it was time to join. :D

I met Doug Brown and Jim Neiger at Gatorland in march and lately, I think I met Dan Busby and another BPN member at Bonaventure Island (sorry we didn't introduced ourselves). I guess they will remember me...

This one from my june trip to Bonaventure Island, Québec, Canada.

Mark IV, 400 5.6, 1/4000s f/5.6, iso160, Av mode, exposure compensation -2/3, flash compensation 0
big crop (about 50% of original image)

Hope you like it!

http://www.pbase.com/josee12/image/126407769.jpg

Bill Jobes
07-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Love it, Josee !

Congratulations on a beautiful first post. :)

The image is the picture of restfulness. I love the way the bill is tucked into the wing.

And the iridescent blue on the eye is a wonderful draw for the eye.

Michael Hogan
07-16-2010, 02:40 AM
Josée, great shot, sharpness, colour both whites, blues and yellows are perfect. Light great. Was out shooting these a few weeks ago and hopefully again tomorrow but you nailed it. Love the water drop.

Great image and so much to look at

TFS

Michael

Hendri Venter
07-16-2010, 05:17 AM
YES, I like this. Very interesting comp that works very nice. The detail is top class and colours very natural. Welcome to BPN and congrats on a mighty fine image. Looking fwd to many more.

Daniel Cadieux
07-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Welcome to BPN Josée! Great first post. I like your choice of crop, very effective. You nailed the exposure too. If anything I'd slightly lighten the dark area in the lower left corner. Une photo bien réussie!

Looking forward to more.......:)

Randy Stout
07-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Josee:

A big welcome to BPN. Strong 1st post, good techs, interesting and effective composition, appealing subject.

cheers

Randy

Axel Hildebrandt
07-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Welcome to BPN, Josée! Great first post, I like the sharpness, composition and mood. I might raise the color temperature a tiny bit.

Keep them coming and please also take the time to comment on a few images.

Fabs Forns
07-16-2010, 07:22 PM
You sure know how to make a grand entrance :)
Big welcome to BPN, hope you feel right at home here, great artistic image to start, can't wait to see more.