PDA

View Full Version : Chickadee under hair dryer??

Bill Dix
07-15-2010, 07:10 PM
D90; 80-400 VR @ 400mm. f/7.1, 1/800s. -0.3 EV. Tripod.

Picked up a few sunflowers at the farmers' market, and put them near the feeder, hoping I might get a shot of one of my backyard birds clinging to the underside of the flower disc. Didn't notice that the flower hadn't yet produced any seeds, so no takers.:o This is the best I came up with. C&C appreciated.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Put a smile on my face Bill!!! Nice green BG. Might take just a touch off the top.

Alfred Forns
07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi Bill Great idea and you did come up with a good tittle !!! Would suggest running shadow/highlight over the image then darken the center a bit !! ... on the new CS5 works great !!!

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
07-15-2010, 09:51 PM
I actually like this a lot, the bird and the sunflower look sharp with good details and nice green background. For me both the bird and the sunflower get equal attention, and the sunflower is not over powering the bird. Something different and looking good, TFS.

Dave Mills
07-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi Bill, Al brought out some nice detail and lightened it a bit. You brought 3 elements to the comp. Strong diagonal branch,bird and flower. They are all sharp and well exposed but the comp IMO doesn't work for me.Very subjective image though...

Lance Peters
07-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Hi - Al's repost brings out the details in the sunflower nicely - Like the idea.
Gives me the feeling that the sunflower is about to fall on the little guy - Different and have to say Im a little undecided on the composition.
:)

Bill Dix
07-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Thank you all for commenting, and thanks, Al, for the repost. I'm with Dave on the composition. The several disparate elements don't really hang together -- more like two separate shots stitched together. I thought it was sort of fun, and shows how small these little chickadees are, but I'll have to try again when I get the right sunflower.