PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Great White North!

dawn campbell
07-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I've been around a while but not been active, and just upgraded to become a member since I feel it's good to support groups like this in a meaningful way, as I know much effort goes into them.

I reside in Alberta, just outside Edmonton, and have been active in photography for the last 5 or 6 years. I have a penchant for macro photography, especially flowers, but I would like to become more active in the birding community--first I need to acquire an appropriate lens. I shoot with both a Canon Mark III (lots of volleyball and dance), and more recently, a 5D Mark II.

Occupationally, I'm a graphic designer in both web and print, however, I've been doing less and less print work, and more and more photography.

I like the fact people here seem to provide honest and helpful critiques so I thought I'd try to become a more active participant.

regards to all,
dawn

Daniel Cadieux
07-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Glad you've decided to participate more actively, Dawn! You've come to the right place. Looking forward to your images, as well as your critiques. BTW, I've been an Oilers fan since childhood........:)

P.S. Thanks for the membership support!

Steve Kaluski
07-17-2010, 08:24 AM
A warm welcome Dawn, you will have fun here and look forward to your participation. Any questions just shout.:)

I'm a Canucks fan, sorry Daniel (although am based in the UK):D:D:D

Steve

Harold Davis
07-20-2010, 06:47 PM
dawn. it's great to have you here! checked out your site. SWEET work!!!! looking forward to seeing it here in the forums!!

dawn campbell
07-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks Harold, Daniel and Steve. I'm looking forward to an increased involvement here. I must admit I'm here because of two factors, well three: 1) I have an acquaintance on a list I was moderating that has been bugging me for years to spend more time here, hence I joined a couple years ago, 2), I'm growing weary of the vapid commentary on photos posted on said list (nice photo, nice image, cute, etc.) and would appreciate more in-depth critiques, and 3) I had an incident lately which led Fab Forns to contact me and I was impressed, so decided to move forward with this.

Now Harold, you are one guy I'd like to have a discussion with in my never-ending quest to achieve more transparency in my images. I have all the books except the Black and white, but the whole lab thing is evading me somewhat. That said, I'll leave that for another day.

Anyway, happy to be here. I like the Oilers fans, and have the ability to forgive those that aren't. :p

Katherine Enns
08-23-2010, 11:01 PM
I really enjoyed your artwork on your website. Lovely. I am practically next door in BC. I am looking forward to your posts.