07-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Nikon D-300
1/8 sec at f16
12- 24 Mm Tokina at 15 mm
ISO 200
All comments welcome!

Ed Cordes
07-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I like the way my eye is guided through the puddles, between the rocks and onto the cliffs. The clouds in the sky are an asset.

Dave Mills
07-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Hi Bob, A similar image to your previous post with some good elements. I like your positioning with the puddle in the fg leading you through the rock opening and out to the cliffs. The sky also has interest.
While the image is handled well technically I would have wished for better lighting which might have added more impact...

Hilary Hann
07-16-2010, 03:37 AM
Bob, I preferred the earlier post as I find the pool of water in the fg a bit like a dark hole, whereas the other post had more reflection in it (going on memory, as I didn't check back on it). I still like the clouds and the detail in the rocks, though. Very nice images.

Roman Kurywczak
07-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Hey Bob,
I have a slightly different opinion on this one....looking at the OP.....the pool of water on the LH side was bugging me as it kep drawing my eye......so out came my favorite tool...the crop tool.....I eliminated some of the base too......and once that was done....it really placed me into the scene as if I was walking amongst the boulders! I did also feel the light was a bit off/dark....all I did was a light S/H adjustment....and then added a bit more pop in selective colors....adding a touch of black to the neutrals and blacks. Works much better for me now....but let me know your thoughts.
PS you may want to tone down a few of the MG rocks.....just the brightest ones.

Robert Amoruso
07-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I like what Roman did with the crop and he caught the same thing catching my eye, the bright blue reflection on the left middle ground puddle. I do like less of the FG and had not considered that.

One thing not mentioned is the horizon needs a CCW rotation.

Bob Miller
07-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks everybody! Lots of good suggestions with this one!
Roman....Thanks for taking the time to work with my image....I agree with everything you said...makes a world of difference for me too.

Morkel Erasmus
07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
nice scene here Bob, and Roman's repost has really taken it to another level...:)

Judy Howle
07-19-2010, 05:13 PM
You really improved the image, which was beautiful to start with, by the way.

Judy Howle

Myer Bornstein
07-19-2010, 06:28 PM
The repost helps make it for me