PDA

View Full Version : Those Amazing Avatars

Norm Dulak
07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Like the automobiles we drive and the clothes we wear, BPN avatars can be viewed as an expression of our personalities. There are many terrific avatars in these forums.

Are there any that you find particularly interesting?

Norm

Daniel Cadieux
07-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Hey Norm, interesting topic. I agree there are many wonderful avatars on BPN. They add charm, colour, and personality to the site, and many of us identify certain members with their avatars (I think many of us think "Axel" anytime we see a Dovekie!!). It's pretty hard to pick any that stand out, but your newest one of the Osprey is lots of fun!! I also like Robert Franz' self portrait sitting in a field of purple flowers. One of Al's previous avatars, with a pigeon on his head, was pretty funny and memorable:).

Norm Dulak
07-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey Norm, interesting topic. I agree there are many wonderful avatars on BPN. They add charm, colour, and personality to the site, and many of us identify certain members with their avatars (I think many of us think "Axel" anytime we see a Dovekie!!). It's pretty hard to pick any that stand out, but your newest one of the Osprey is lots of fun!! I also like Robert Franz' self portrait sitting in a field of purple flowers. One of Al's previous avatars, with a pigeon on his head, was pretty funny and memorable:).

I agree Dan with all of the points you've made. Certainly, when the dovekie appears you just know that Axel has something to say.

When you look at other avatars, some categories stand out. Some professionals such as you, Al Forns and Lance Peters use pleasant self-portraits that make you recognizable by those you have met and may meet in the future. Others provide humorous avatars, such as the image of Dan Brown with the bird on his head. Still others provide avatars that signify where they live. The lions of Ken Watkins and the tiger of Harshad Barve are just two such examples.

So too is my osprey chick image, because ospreys certainly are indicative of the area I call home. And I think that the indignant, surprised look on the face of the young bird is interesting.:)

Norm