PDA

View Full Version : Curlew

John Harrison
07-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Hi
Second post here so be gentle (just kidding):D took this image over the weekend of a female Curlew on the North Yorkshire Moors.

Nikon D3
Shutter speed 1/125
Iso 1600
F stop 5.6
lens was a Sigma 300-800mm at 800mm rested on a beanbag on top of the car
Early morning dull light and raining slightly. Unfortunately the weather was poor all day

http://www.wildshots.org/linkpics/curlew.jpg

Fabs Forns
07-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Very nice composition, although I feel you could take away from the right side, just leaving the last rock some breathing room. Perfect head angle, clean, contrasting BG and good sharpening. Wish for a catch light.
Big welcome to BPN, will be looking forward to more.

John Harrison
07-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Very nice composition, although I feel you could take away from the right side, just leaving the last rock some breathing room. Perfect head angle, clean, contrasting BG and good sharpening. Wish for a catch light.
Big welcome to BPN, will be looking forward to more.

Took your advice, hope it improves the image for you. It looks a bit better to me I must admit :D

John

Daniel Cadieux
07-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi John, I assume what I see here is the reworked version. Looks good and I was gonna disagree with Fabs until I read your reply and realized it is not the original. Good idea to post the reworked version in the new pane and leave the original up so we can compare:).

Anyhow, great looking image. I like the rocky perch, and beautiful green BG. Perfect pose from the Curlew. Good stuff, looking forward to more (and to some of your critiques too;)).