PDA

View Full Version : F-18 Super Hornet

Harold Davis
07-15-2010, 04:51 AM
i have always seen airshows in either low light or high contrasty light, but this guy did a demo right before sunset at sun n fun in lakeland, fl and i couldnt believe the nice light on it. got some pretty good shots, but none that showed the action as well as this one.

thanks for looking. comments much appreciated.

Mark Fuge
07-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Nice image Harold.

You might want to take it into Shadows/Highlights in PS to darken it a little. I did a very quick adjustment on the attached and I think you can get a nice image out of your shot. Fine tuning will improve it more than I did here.

But I like the action and the image. :cool:

Alfred Forns
07-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Sweet bird H !!! Great action and love the clouds, the re post brings out a little more in the clouds particularly maybe would like an in between !! ... Mark the shadow/highlight in CS5 works great, haven't used it much since it came out since halos were a problem but not any more !!! Good re post !!

Mark Fuge
07-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Sweet bird H !!! Great action and love the clouds, the re post brings out a little more in the clouds particularly maybe would like an in between !! ... Mark the shadow/highlight in CS5 works great, haven't used it much since it came out since halos were a problem but not any more !!! Good re post !!

I just found it recently myself, Al. It really helps those RAW images pop. :D

PeterCollins
07-15-2010, 12:26 PM
agree that the repost fixes it for me,

was just a little too bright for me in the first image, so well taken

Got my next show 25 July, Wh00t!

Roman Kurywczak
07-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey Harold,
Nice that we get to see the jets too! Like the darkened repost.....check out what I did to your first blue angel one!

Alan Melle
07-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Capturing the vapor on the wings really adds to jet images, which can look pretty static. This one captures the motion nicely. The exhaust glow helps too. Nice work!

Fabs Forns
07-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Very nice action and very nice repost by Mark also, you really got to love the new S/H in CS5!

Harshad Barve
07-31-2010, 01:45 AM
excellent image and re post took this over the top
TFS