PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Sandpiper

Bob Decker
07-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Haven't been around lately. Been distracted by work, life and family. Another shot from the kayak. 40D, Bigma @ 500mm. iso 1600, f/8.0, 1/1000. RAW conversion via Bridge, additional post via CS3.

Dave Mills
07-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi Bob, You posted the image very small and it's difficult to see sharpness and detail. The bird does look evenly lit but wish you were a bit higher so the legs aren't so close to the oof foreground(which I would minimalize)
I might also take a bit off the top.

Bob Decker
07-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah..yeah..yeah. I know. First it was too big... then too small. I'm working on it Dave. ;) It's being one of those mornings and I'm starting to get frustrated! Grrrrrrrr.

What the heck?!! That's 1000 pixels wide and exceeds the borders????

Alfred Forns
07-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi Bob Neat looking bird and pose !!! Would take some from the bottom, about half and tiny form back !! The whites on the body are gone, tried bringing them back in PS but there was not pixel info, should have had blinkies in the area !! You sure are getting some nice angles from your boat !!!

Lance Peters
07-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi Bob - a little from the bottom fore sure - AL has covered the whites - also I am not seeing much in the way of fine feather detail - looking a little smooth.
Love the low shooting angle - gotta be tough from a kayak :)