PDA

View Full Version : wildebeest trek in dust,kalahari

peter delaney
07-14-2010, 04:51 AM
D2XS 200-400mm plus tc 1.4 iso 400 1/650 f8 , shot from 4x4 using door bracket and wimberly head...

very dusty conditions, ...darken the top of image using curves as I found the dune and foilage in BKG distracting...

PP work done LR #3 , levels, curves, some vibrance/satuaration, limited NR and sharpening, LCE and resized in PS CS5

DanWalters
07-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Great color and I like the blowing dust. Also really like the black at the top of the image.

Harshad Barve
07-14-2010, 06:23 AM
What a dramatic image Peter , excellent
TFS

Michael Hogan
07-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Peter,

Great image, I think everything you have done with it is great, makes it a very dramatic, colourful and interesting image. But as is my duty I have one wish - pity they were not walking towards you :D

TFS

Michael

Grant Atkinson
07-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Hi Peter, I really liked what you managed to achieve here. I know that these shafts of sun, and the position of the wildebeest are fleeting, so I think you did pretty well to capture it. Really liked the colours, and the comp, the single animal on the lhs does it for me. TFS
Grant

Ken Watkins
07-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Peter,

You constantly get amazingly good and moody images of Gnus:)

This as good as ever, interesting ideas on processing in particular darkening the top.

I am pretty sure 4 are walking towards you, the rest are behaving in typical Gnu fashion:)

Steve Kaluski
07-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Hi Peter, I keep coming back to this as I feel it's not quite there for me. I don't know if it needs to be more contrasty or what, I just can't put my finger on it. I like the bold contrasting colours and I can see where Ken is coming from regarding the four towards you, as I made the same error, but it seems something lacking. Al might pin point it perhaps?

I do feel the previous has everything going for it. Sorry, don't mean to sound negative, just unsure on this one. :confused: Crop and placement is fine.

TFS
Steve

Steve Berkowitz
07-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Has a dream like look to it. I like it a lot. Good crop, too. Steve

Hendri Venter
07-15-2010, 10:39 AM
I like the mood in this. Very dramatic. Well done Peter.

Andy Biggs
07-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Peter, this is absolutely fantastic! Very dramatic in every way.

D. Robert Franz
07-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Love the mood here.. Maybe a bit more contrast even. Love the way the horns repeat....

Steve Canuel
07-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Nice atmosphere to this.

peter delaney
07-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi Guys , many thanks for comments appreciated,

Ken, cant really remember but look backed at the other frames it shows some had turned and stopped then turned againand continued on..

Michael, a chairde, I wish... would have loved them coming at me, unfortunatly no off road driving allowed, so had no chance of getting ahead , but next morning was their bright and early , but no wildebeest...lol
Steve and D.Robert,you are probably right will up the contrast and see...

Thanks, Andy.. hope you have a great trip/workshop in Southern africa..
thanks, Grant, Harshadd, steve , Hendri and Dan.. for comments....

peter