PDA

View Full Version : Monkey frog, my fisrt post here!

Ramon M. Casares
03-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi there, my name is Ramón Casares, I am from Argentina and I have just registered myself today, so this is my first post, it is a Monkey frog, it cientific name is Phyllomedusa azurae I think, it was taken under a controled situation, using a softbox (the kind used for product shots) and a bounced flash, after the sesion the subject was released unharmed. Hope you all like it!:)

Ramon M. Casares
03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
I forgot to say what equipment I used: Canon Eos Xt - Canon 100mm 2.8 macro - Canon flashes (580 to fire the slave & 430 bounced) - softbox - handhold.

Hansel D.
03-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Wow, magnificent shot! Also, gotta love Argentina. Gonna be visiting family down there this summer.

Great Work!

Robert O'Toole
03-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Good choice of subject, very cool looking. Good use of flash as it doesnt look overflashed. Composition is good. Very good sharpness..

I would crop out the horiz leaf across the bottom to tighten the image up if this were mine.

I second Hansels comment, gotta love argentina!

Robert

John Cooper
03-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Wecome to the forum Ramon! Love this frog and facial expression!! I find though that the crop is a little tight especiall at top and left side. Your lighting is very effective. Well done!

Vincent Grafhorst
03-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Fantastic pose you have captured here Ramon. did you ask it to pose like this? I love the crossed arms/hands. My only small nit is that it is a bit tight in the frame. Well done.

Ramon M. Casares
03-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks everybody, all your comments and sugestions are well received, the only thing I didn't say is that it is a full frame, it has no crop. Thank you all!!

Gyorgy Szimuly
03-08-2008, 01:48 PM
This is a very nice image. Tack sharp and nice DOF.
Would consider to compose another way to avoid horizontal leaf which takes my eyes from the subject.
Welcome here! You will enjoy it for sure :)

Szimi

Fabs Forns
03-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Bienvenido, Ramon!

Great first post. I think having some more room at the bottom would have improved an already great image.
Looking forward to more :)

Jeroen Stel
03-10-2008, 02:30 AM
Hello Ramon,

Big Welcome!

Great shot of this frog species! I like the "lion-like-stripes" on it's legs and think you did very well on flash use and composition!

Well done and hope to see more of your posts soon!

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Juan Aragonés
03-11-2008, 02:31 AM
Hi Ramón and big welcome here. Terrific first post, maybe a little bit tight in the frame in my opinion but this is a minor detail. Ramón I would love to see some of your great photographs in the recently created forum for Spain/Latinoamérica here in BPN.;)

Axel Hildebrandt
03-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Cool pose and details. It is a bit tight in the frame for my taste.