PDA

View Full Version : The Male Tiger | Wide Angle perspective

Harshad Barve
07-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Dear all Made this in Bandhavgarh NP with 7D , 300/f4 , ISO 400 at F4 , 1/250 , beanbag in evening golden light This one is for you Steve K , All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated Harshad

Sabyasachi Patra
07-13-2010, 11:59 PM
I am fine with the composition. A higher depth of field would have been great. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Harshad Barve
07-14-2010, 12:02 AM
here is version with exact sharpness , I guess there is bug , once you attach images , they are getting softer http://a.imageshack.us/img199/3026/tig119.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/tig119.jpg/)

Ken Watkins
07-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Haeshad,

Another stunning image, the repost is obviously better. Whilst I am not happy with the "sharpness"roblems with posts it is interesting to note that others are having similar problems to me.

Harshad Barve
07-14-2010, 01:58 AM
Whilst I am not happy with the "sharpness"problems with posts it is interesting to note that others are having similar problems to me.

I have noted this first time Ken , Given heads on to James about this. OP is uploaded on BPN server while RP is uploaded on imageshacks

Hilary Hann
07-14-2010, 02:57 AM
Harshad, the repost is excellent. I was a bit disconcerted by the lack of sharpness in the OP but you've accounted for that. This tiger looks quite lean from this angle, different from the front views which give a lot more muscle. I like seeing him in his environment, beautiful. TFS.

Morkel Erasmus
07-14-2010, 03:06 AM
interesting about the sharpness issue, I have not experienced this... :o

love the wide compo Bhai, and repost has good sharpness on the face which was lacking in OP...

DanWalters
07-14-2010, 05:16 AM
Like the comp and the surrounding environment. Great eyes as well.

Steve Kaluski
07-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Harshad I guess I have been summoned. :D

Firstly I am surprised like Morkel to here there are issues re sharpness. I know flickr can give issues, however I tend to upload from the back-ups so no third party, have you tried this?

Yep, I like it, would like to see a fraction more below and a fraction less above. The look back is a nice touch. Quite rich in colour, but not to OTT, not sure about the 'Golden light'? I just ran a fraction more NR over the BG and clicked on the black eyedropper to see if the Tiger could stand a fraction more punch? Not sure how it will look on here?!!!

I do like these wider shots Harshad.

TFS
Steve ;)

Harshad Barve
07-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Harshad I guess I have been summoned. Not summoned Steve , Requested
I know flickr can give issues, however I tend to upload from the back-ups so no third party, have you tried this? I have uploaded from my HD directly on BPN server , Advantage of Memberships
I do like these wider shots Harshad. Thanks for re post Steve , But IMHO it looks quite contrasty , I like all kind of tiger shots

Steve Kaluski
07-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Not summoned Steve , Requested

Was joking, just need time to get around ;)

Thanks for re post Steve , But IMHO it looks quite contrasty

Intereting, the only bit I tweaked was the Tiger, nothing else and NR would not add any contrast?:confused:

Hilary Hann
07-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Steve, your repost certainly has overall added punch to my eye. Perhaps there is a difference to uploading?

Egil Droge
07-15-2010, 04:21 AM
I quite like Steve's version. In the initial post and rp I wondered about the commented golden light. Too me it looked like a picture taken on an overcast day.

Hendri Venter
07-15-2010, 10:50 AM
The repost is great Harshad. Very nice pose and a good comp.