PDA

View Full Version : Globemaster III

Harold Davis
07-13-2010, 07:06 PM
we've had jets and old prop planes so i thought i'd post something different. one of the workhorses.

this C-17 had some serious problems this day. it tried to demonstrate it's short runway landing capabilities by inducing a reverse thrust. when it did one of the four engines stalled. if you dont know what happens when a jet engine stalls, check out this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BnrLCvMgYo&feature=related needless to say, they had to replace that one before it flew again!!

thanks for looking. comments welcome and much appreciated.

Harold Davis
07-13-2010, 07:07 PM
hmmm, not sure if i'm supposed to link vids like that. never seen it before. thought there would be a link but not the vid up there. al, take it down if it aint right.

Danny J Brown
07-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh man, how did we ever get to the point where we are building and flying leviathans like this? Unbelievable!

DB

Jackie Schuknecht
07-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Looks like you need all four to be working to be in sync. Interesting Mr H! Could make for a disastrous landing..........

Harshad Barve
07-13-2010, 10:04 PM
wow , what a big machine, that video is smoething any pilot wont love to see TFS

Alfred Forns
07-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Great video H !!! Not a good day for them .. lots of paperwork to be filled out :)