PDA

View Full Version : General Grant

Christopher Miller
07-13-2010, 06:48 PM
I went back in time again to the Civil War and visited General Grant's headquarters to get his portrait.

Just kidding! :D I took this at the same reenactment as my last shot and aged it using four of my textures after first converting the image to B&W. I also added a bit of a vignette. Any comments and suggestions would be most appreciated!

Jackie Schuknecht
07-13-2010, 07:47 PM
A war weary General Grant. I think this one looks even more authentic than the last, with the scratches and imperfections. Love the expression. VWD Christopher. Getting some good entries from everybody!!!!!

Kerry Perkins
07-13-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm really liking these Christopher! I agree with Jackie, the war-weary, haggard look is very authentic and your processing is so convincing. Very nicely done!

Mark Fuge
07-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Nice image and application, Christopher.

I have a cousin in that area that participates in the skrimages. Maybe one of these days I will see your image of him! ;)

Christopher Miller
07-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks very much, Jackie, Kerry, and Mark. Much appreciated!

Mark, I've only photographed one reenactment, and that was a few years ago so I don't think you're likely to see your cousin in any of my photos. Hopefully some time I can go to more though, because while I'm not big on photographing people, I could photograph reenactors all day! ;)