PDA

View Full Version : Raw Therapee OSX

Lance Peters
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Changes to Raw Therapee - gone GPL and MAC OSX version is under development.
A alpha version is available to download.

:)

Robert Amoruso
07-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks Lance.

For those interested, more information here: http://www.rawtherapee.com/.

Alfred Forns
07-13-2010, 01:17 PM
What would be the advantage to others.

At the start of raw shooting I would use two sometimes three for different type image/results Have found now that can do just about anything I need with LR ... any compelling reason for this one?

VinceRossi
07-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Lance I have loaded Raw Therapie and it doesn't seem to support my new Canon T2i I don't get visible thumbnails and it is very slow to add any thumbnails anyway that they are coming out.

Can you please tell me how to uninstall the program. I have looked in the control panel and it doesn't appear there.

Thanks

Vince

Lance Peters
07-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi Vince - I use APPZAPPER and or Clean my MAC - to make sure all remnants are cleaned up.

Lance I have loaded Raw Therapie and it doesn't seem to support my new Canon T2i I don't get visible thumbnails and it is very slow to add any thumbnails anyway that they are coming out.

Can you please tell me how to uninstall the program. I have looked in the control panel and it doesn't appear there.

Thanks

Vince

Chris Ober
07-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Advantages would be that it's free and provides another method for those who don't want to spend the money on a retail box solution. It provides a cross platform solution for Linux, Windows, and Mac to convert their files. Linux being the big one since a lot of the other ones won't work under Wine or Crossover, it's a lighter solution than running a virtual machine, and there very few others to choose from. If you know how to code, you can add, customize, or fix your own things you want. YOu have the source, you see how it's written and how it works.

What would be the advantage to others.