View Full Version : Damselfly

OvidiuCavasdan
07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k71/COV_2006/DsF7062_2R3.jpg
40D, EF 100 mm macro
F/8
1/250 sec
ISO 400
Manual mode, HH, slightly crop, s/h, sharpening, cleaned some oof leaves low left. Smaller aperture would have been nice for more focus on wings but wanted ss in windy condition and HH...

Bob Miller
07-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Amazing image....I like it very much as presented! Congrats!

Jerry van Dijk
07-13-2010, 05:11 AM
Very nice details Ovidiu! I wish we could see a little more of the color on the abdomen. I would consider to add a little more room on the left, as well as cropping a little fromt the UR corner to not have the stick pointing in the LR corner.

Roman Kurywczak
07-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
Well....when windy and shooting HH and no flash....you have to sacrifice DOF! I like the crop as presented but like Jerry....wouldn't mind a bit more left (not much!). This is sharp where it needs it and you have an excellent wing position.....so that helps the OOF somewhat as the falloff is pleasing. I do think you can tweak this a touch more.....open up the shadow just below the eye a touch more and bring the brightness on the body down a touch.....this will give it a hiar more color and open up the face some more. These are very minor tweaks.....and will just help bring up a very nice comp and capture!

Julie Kenward
07-13-2010, 06:48 PM
I think Roman nailed the critique but I have to say I really like the clarity and brighness of this. It's so sharp and precise on the body and legs and with the wings OOF I get the feeling you caught it right before take off. I know it made me smile when I opened the image and that's good enough for me!

Jackie Schuknecht
07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Nice and sharp Ovidiu. I would add some more canvas on the left too.