07-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Nikon D-300
1/640 sec at f5.6
300 mm with 1.4 TC and 27 mm extension tube
ISO400

All comments welcome!

Jonathan Ashton
07-12-2010, 03:45 AM
I like the composition, the wings are a little soft. I have never uses a lens combination such as yours but I imagine it would prove very difficult to stabilise, is the 1.4TC really necessary for dragonfly shots? I get the impression the body has possibly been subject to a little Shadows/Highlights ? If I am correct I would suggest you follow this by a Selective Color Blacks>Black2 and Neutral>Black 2-3.

Kaushik Balakumar
07-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Nice chocolate brown colour !
Uniform BG, nicely done.

Roman Kurywczak
07-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Hey Bob,
The DOF falloff is almost expected with that setup but you could go for less SS for an added bit of DOF......decide which you like best when you get home! I do think that Jonathan is correct with his selective color recomendation.....might work best on just the body only. While this pose isn't my favorite.....even though it shows off the wings nicely.....a angle more towards us would be my first choice and something to try to keep in mind in the field.

Julie Kenward
07-13-2010, 06:57 PM
I agree with what the others have said but wanted to also add that you did a nice job of keeping the BG as beautiful as the focal point and the perch is actually nice to look at and that almost NEVER happens in DF images so lucky you! Agree that the body looks a bit flat and a different angle would be stronger but you did very well for yourself with this image.