PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of Katie

Kerry Perkins
07-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Some of you will recognize my favorite little subject Katie. This one is an attempt to duplicate a portrait effect I've seen on some photographers' sites. I used mostly Nik Color Efex - glamour glow, vignette, and darken/lighten center plus one layer of Topaz Detail. Katie is the perfect model - when I point the camera at her she just does poses like this with no direction at all! :)

Mark Fuge
07-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Nice image and application, Kerry.

Like the effect and pose.

Our kids are up north so it is hard to get portraits in a timely manner. She is about the age of our youngest, who also loves to be in front of the camera.

Dan Brown
07-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Such a cutie! Nice work Kerry! Have you tried an Orton effect?

Jackie Schuknecht
07-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Like the Glamour Glow Kerry. Might blur out the BG a bit more. You are lucky to have such a co-operative subject (and a pretty one too!)

Christopher Miller
07-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Very pretty and cute model, Kerry! :) Love her pose! I would blur the BG more or try replacing it with a plain BG because I find all the lines back there a bit distracting, but I love the soft look and vignette.

Hazel Grant
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
With a cutie like this, willing to pose, keep the camera batter charged! Did she ever look at the leaf itself? Might have been an interesting eye contact.

Kerry Perkins
07-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for all the good comments guys, I appreciate them! Dan, I have not tried the Orton effect and I really should have a go at that. I agree that the bg is a bit much... Hazel, this was such a fleeting moment and it is an interesting eye line. Not sure what she was looking at, but this was the only one I got with the leaf! :)