View Full Version : Skimmer Chick

Sid Garige
07-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Canon 7d, 500mm F4+1.4x
F9 1/1200
Tiger Tail beach, Marco island, Fl

Danny J Brown
07-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi Sid - Looks like this one is going to be a real chatterbox. The tri-colored blurry area, front to rear, reminds me of a flag! Pretty cool. You might consider taking a little more of the blurry sliver in front of the bird off the bottom. You definitely have a lot of room. Take care.

DB

Sid Garige
07-11-2010, 01:57 PM
You might consider taking a little more of the blurry sliver in front of the bird off the bottom. You definitely have a lot of room. DB

IMO there is an issues with my original image. The green background intersects straight through the subjects head. A tight crop as you suggested will give more attention to the subject and at the same time highlight the greens intersecting the head. By leaving little more room around the subject I tried to mask the issue with my crop. I am attaching both crops for comparison. Take a look and let me know. Thanks

-Sid

Troy Lim
07-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Looks like this one is going to make it...
Amazing beak at this age already...

Danny J Brown
07-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I definitely like the second one better but I'm rarely annoyed, if ever, by intersections with bokeh colors, elements, etc. with the subject. Thanks for reposting, Sid. Take care.

DB

Fabs Forns
07-11-2010, 05:58 PM
So they are growing....
I like your crop. I have not tried this but I'm thinking how about selecting the dark green intersecting with the head in Viveza and making it a bit lighter and adding some yellow to see if it blends more with the rest? Wishful thinking, though :)

Dan Busby
07-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Either one is a great shot, but I would prefer the second one - it reduces the bright foreground and shows the bird better IMO.

Gavin Spooner
07-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Sid:

I didn't get to talk with you yesterday but was the third shooter out there. Nice job on the isolation as it was pretty hard. I like the first as it divides the frame into roughly 1/3rds for each color.

cheers
gavin

Alfred Forns
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Hi Sid The lines behind the bird are soft enough they don't come into play as much they normally would !!! Like the overall feel and open beak a plus !! .. they sure are big already, it was a good year for the colony !!!

Hendri Venter
07-12-2010, 03:12 AM
I like the low angle and pose with open beak. Cracking image Sid.

Michael Zajac
07-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I like the low angle.Nice exposure and soft BG colors.

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-12-2010, 09:11 PM
All has been said. Love the composition, low angle and excellent detail Sid . Just lovely !!!:)