PDA

View Full Version : Jacob

Jackie Schuknecht
07-11-2010, 08:57 AM
I think this is one of my all time favourite shots. This is my niece's boy Jacob, who I babysat last Saturday. I think I actually managed to tire him out! Three hours in the park; sandbox, swing, and throwing rocks in the water extracted lots of squeals of excitement.
Put it through DAP (Portraitist-Sargent), frac B and W for some outline defintion, added textures, and finally some Orton. This was at the cottage so you can see quite a bit of sand on his neck:)
Comments Appreciated.

Kerry Perkins
07-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Jackie, he is a real cutie! Kudos to you if you wore him out!! Just love that expression and those sparkling eyes. I might have masked some of the texture that is on the right side of his face. Very sweet image! Is that mom reflected in his eyes?

Mark Fuge
07-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Nice image and application, Jackie.

I bet you slept well that night too! I've been there and done that. You may think he was tired, but you definately were! :D

Nice expression and effects. Might have toned down or cloned the white area on the left, if it were mine.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Took out some of the texture, darkened. If I were to use the program again I might do a more accurate mask. They just do the central part of the face in there examples for portraitist styles. Also would take out the shirt if I had more time. And yes Kerry that is indeed Mom distracting him:).

Christopher Miller
07-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Beautiful shot, Jackie! I can see why it would be one of your favorites. :) I love the texture work and the soft glow accenting those sparkling eyes. The changes in the repost are rather subtle, but I think they improve it nicely. Well done!