PDA

View Full Version : Proud as a Peacock - Interaction

Thomas Finnie
07-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Proud Papa Peacock displays his magnificent blue and green upper tail coverts as his mate and chick look on. Conditions: Overcast day with drizzling rain.

Thanks for looking,
Tom

Nikon D300, 70-200mm, f/7.1, 1/200s, ISO 400

http://i28.tinypic.com/1il9cj.jpg

Fabs Forns
07-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Very nice display with great EXP control. Wish it was not so tight at bottom so we could see the chick's feet. Shame on the railings, but you get them where you can. TFS.

Randy Stout
07-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Thomas:

Nice color display here. Good input from Fabs.
To my eye the blue on the breast and abdomen is oversaturated a bit and washes out the feather detail.
I opened it in photoshop and adjusted the image in selective color. Selected blues, and pulled the magenta slider to -20, which gave a more realistic color rendering and more feather detail in the areas I mentioned.

Might be worth a look.

Cheers

Randy

Thomas Finnie
07-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Very nice display with great EXP control. Wish it was not so tight at bottom so we could see the chick's feet. Shame on the railings, but you get them where you can. TFS.

Hi Fabs,

Thanks for your kind comments. It was challenging and fun to try to get Mom and junior into the same pic with Dad. They would stray apart, block each other out or Dad would turn away from the two.

Yeah, the railings were a distraction but you have to play the cards you are dealt with. :D

Best,
Tom

Thomas Finnie
07-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Thomas:

Nice color display here. Good input from Fabs.
To my eye the blue on the breast and abdomen is oversaturated a bit and washes out the feather detail.
I opened it in photoshop and adjusted the image in selective color. Selected blues, and pulled the magenta slider to -20, which gave a more realistic color rendering and more feather detail in the areas I mentioned.

Might be worth a look.

Cheers

Randy

Hi Randy,

Thanks for looking and for your suggestions. Your colors seem to be a more realistic color rendering as listed.

Thanks again, :)
Tom