PDA

View Full Version : And the Winner Is...

Julie Kenward
07-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Ovidiu wins with his beautiful abstract of red cabbage! Christopher did a bang up job on blueberries as well - it was really hard for most of us to choose a winner.

I am curious, though, why more people did not participate in the challenge this time. If you could let me know that would really help me figure out the last challenge of the year. Did the subject matter not appeal to you? Were you too busy to participate? Did you not see the notice? I'd appreciate any feedback here...

So Congrats again to Ovidiu and Christopher, feel free to make me a blueberry pie now that the photo shoot is over! :)

Jackie Schuknecht
07-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Congrat Ovidiu. Jules, no time for me, otherwise would have participated.

Roman Kurywczak
07-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Congrats Ovidiu!! .......and congrats Christopher!!! This was a tough challenge and you both embraced it extremely well!

Ken Childs
07-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Congrats, Ovidiu!

Jules, there just wasn't time for me to get anything done for the challenge. Family visiting, 4th of July obligations, farm projects etc. I had lots of ideas but didn't have the time (or energy) to work on any of them during the allotted time. Maybe next time, give a longer time frame for taking the shots or just pick random times for the challenges. I know our Independence Day holiday didn't affect members from other countries but I'm betting many of the U.S. members had plenty of obligations to keep them busy for the weekend.

OvidiuCavasdan
07-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Thank you!
Congrats Christopher- I especialy liked the originality and bw conversion, also liked Roman's high impact image.
I think the theme was well chosen, we see/use everyday fruits and vegetables but maybe we dont look enough at common things from the perspective of an interesting image.
I'm sure that many others have in mind some very good ideas, but for some reason did not submit images. Agree on a longer time frame, sometimes the time we can use for photography is too short, sometimes the weather is against us...
I hope that all who wanted to participate will have the opportunity to work on the ideas and show us some nice images on the theme. Challenge or not, let's see your images!

Desmond Chan
07-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I am curious, though, why more people did not participate in the challenge this time. If you could let me know that would really help me figure out the last challenge of the year. Did the subject matter not appeal to you? Were you too busy to participate? Did you not see the notice? I'd appreciate any feedback here...

I didn't see the notice. By the time I saw it, it was after the BPN upgrade (1st stage?) and thought it was too late to participate already.

Congrats Ovidiu !!

Christopher Miller
07-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Congratulations Ovidiu! I like the colors and abstract pattern of your shot very much.

I think having a longer time frame for the challenges would be good. These last few challenges I've felt like I've been rushing to get a good photo for them, so I think if we had, say a whole week, that would great and maybe more people would then be able to participate.

Julie Kenward
07-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the feedback! Now I know we need a longer time frame and I'll be sure to do that for the Labor Day challenge. Maybe two weeks instead of four days? Again...congrats to both Ovidiu and Christopher for breaking out of their box a bit and feel free to throw some fruit/veggie images up in the coming month!

Bob Miller
07-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Congrats Ovidiu

Anita Bower
07-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Congratulations to winner and to all who participated!!! The images were great!

I didn't have time to participate.