PDA

View Full Version : White throated hummingbird

BRKnudsen
07-08-2010, 10:05 PM
1/4000 f / 8 iso 1250 600mm vr D3s natural light

I kind of like the light in the eye, but the background a little disturbing..... comments and critiques are appreciated

http://brknudsen.smugmug.com/Animals/Humming-birds/DSC7549/928316312_RywTe-XL.jpg

Randy Stout
07-09-2010, 07:32 AM
BR:

The bird is lovely, sharp, well exposed, nice wing position.
I wish there was a bit more room all around, esp. to the left, but that might aggravate the main issue I have with the image, which you pointed out, the background. The high contrast of the leaves and white really draws the eye away from the bird.

Hope to see more.

Cheers

Randy

Dan Busby
07-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Yes, technically a very nice image of the bird. Excellent sharpness and detail. I too would like to see more room on the left and, as you point out, the dark leaves compete for attention and are a real distraction.

Daniel Cadieux
07-09-2010, 08:46 AM
I agree with the comments above (and yours). Distracting BG, and too tight in the frame...I suspect you were trying to hide a feeder at left? If it is a feeder set-up you could place it in a better location to give you a better BG. Techs are perfect though...and awesome details on the plumage!

Ulli Hoeger
07-09-2010, 05:31 PM
I would prefer more space, i.e. a much less tighter composition.
The background currently kills for me the otherwise excellent shot.
Given quality and detail I would invest some time in fixing the background, unless similar ones with more pleasing background are in the bag.

Ulli

Roy Priest
07-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I agree with the other comments re: space etc. Love the detail and iridescence of the feathers.