PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James ?

Jim Buescher
07-08-2010, 09:35 PM
With all the hoopla surrounding "The Decision" by LeBron James, I found it somewhat ironic that I photographed this Henslow's Sparrow the other day at the former site of the Ritchfield Coliseum where the Cleveland Cavalier's played from 1974-1994. The Coliseum was demolished in 1999 and the site was left to revert back to nature. Today there are no signs of the massive building or its sprawling parking lot, just a large meadow that is now designated as an Important Bird Area by the Audubon Society. I hope all you Heat fans enjoy you recent acquisition.... I'm still going to enjoy the birds!:p

7D
500 f4 + 1.4x
1/800sec. @f7.1
ISO 500

Randy Stout
07-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Jim:

I like the composition,perch and exposure. Pleasant BG.
It looks like there might be a subtle green cast to the image, at least on one of my monitors.

I used to enjoy NBA basketball, but no longer. I find the birds more enjoyable, and certainly better behaved.

Cheers

Randy

Manos Papadomanolakis
07-09-2010, 12:05 AM
I really like the pose,perch and the bg!

Roy Priest
07-09-2010, 12:36 AM
I too like the perch and BG. Is it me or does this bird seem to have an unusually large head? Or is this the resemblance to LeBron you refer to.:D

Mike Lentz
07-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Henslows are a great sparrow species! You did a fine job on this image.

P.S. I am with Randy regarding the NBA, who needs it.

Daniel Cadieux
07-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Nice find! Good perch, BG, and pose. I wouldn't mind seeing the bird smaller in the frame with more of the perch showing. Nice to hear that some old building locations are being returned to wild state...

Hey, at least the NHL is starting in a couple of months...perhaps the Blue Jackets will do better this year!

Stu Bowie
07-09-2010, 09:40 AM
I would leave this as is. Just enough perch, and more than enough of a fine looking subject. Super pose, and I like the overall light and detail. Great BG.

Matthew Studebaker
07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Nice one Jim. Great light, perfect detail and DOF. Did you find the Sedge Wrens there? Sounds like it could be a promising target this year.

Myer Bornstein
07-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Great picture of the Henslows sparrow. I ones that I have seen spent their time hiding and only peeking out

Jim Buescher
07-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Nice one Jim. Great light, perfect detail and DOF. Did you find the Sedge Wrens there? Sounds like it could be a promising target this year.

Thanks Matt, Yes I got some decent shots of the very vocal Sedge Wrens singing and perching in the open. Saw about three of the wrens and five of the Henslow's which are more visible in the morning.