PDA

View Full Version : white flower

Grahame Hamblin
07-08-2010, 07:42 PM
back lit 1/8 sec -2ev f16 iso 200 sharpened centre cropped a little off all round is background ok or should i change comments needed is stalk ok or too light

Bob Miller
07-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Hi Grahame....I like this alot as presented. I think your bg is fine and the stem also. The lighting is fantastic! Hope to see more posts!

Roman Kurywczak
07-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey Grahame,
Soethiing seems odd to me here......I do like the way the flower stands out against the black and I do like the rim lit stem......although I personally would go a touch darker. My biggest issue is the whites......in the FG, they lookd muddy/grey.....did you add blue to this? I ask because while this flower has many varieties, the center looks a bit too irridescent blue and that could also be blocking up some of the FG whites. If not, you can try selecting and area and going in with a selective color layer.....pull down the whites.....and remove black. Hope this helps and let me know how it turns out.

Julie Kenward
07-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Grahame, I think Roman nailed it. I do like the silvery touch to the whites but maybe not quite so heavy that they cross into gray. I do like the backlighting and think you found a very good angle for showing off this african daisy for full effect.

Anita Bower
07-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Beautiful flower! I like the sharpness of the image, the backlighting, the crop. The black BG works for me.