PDA

View Full Version : New Plug in !!!! Its great !!!!

Alfred Forns
03-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Nik Software has introduced the Adobe Plug in Viveza It is available for both PS and PE

Have been using this technology (U point) in the Nikon Software Capture NX and like it a lot
Might not be a bad idea to download the trial version and take it for a spin !!!

Robert Amoruso
03-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I bought it and have it and will be using it soon. Saw it demo'ed at NANPA. Real neat looking software.

Robert O'Toole
03-05-2008, 02:06 PM
How much is it? I heard it was going to be $249?

Thats a lot for a plug in. For $249 you can buy a plane ticket and fly somewhere new and make photographs.

Robert

Alfred Forns
03-05-2008, 02:12 PM
It is expensive but I feel lots can be done with it !!! It was one of the things I liked best about Capture NX Easy to learn !!!! You will be happy you got it Robert !!!

.......... Robert A and I have a different strategy.... if we buy enough there will be no need to pay for plane tickets ..... get them with miles :D

Jim Poor
03-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Um, what does it do? :D Yes, I could go search for it, but then . . . ;)

Alfred Forns
03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Here is a link Jim !!!! http://www.niksoftware.com/viveza/usa/entry.php

Robert O'Toole
03-05-2008, 02:34 PM
It is expensive but I feel lots can be done with it !!! It was one of the things I liked best about Capture NX Easy to learn !!!! You will be happy you got it Robert !!!

.......... Robert A and I have a different strategy.... if we buy enough there will be no need to pay for plane tickets ..... get them with miles :D

LOL
One thing is for sure:
If the old "he who dies with the most toys wins" holds true, Robert A has us both beat. :D

Robert

Jim Poor
03-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Holy smokes. I'm impressed. Off to beg . . .

Robert Amoruso
03-05-2008, 02:44 PM
LOL
One thing is for sure:
If the old "he who dies with the most toys wins" holds true, Robert A has us both beat. :D

Robert

Hunt's NANPA Show Price was $180. Hey, I got $250 for the NANPA win - I had to spend it. :)

Alfred Forns
03-05-2008, 03:01 PM
.... very sound reasoning totally approve ..... plus you get more miles !!!! :)

David Chauvin
03-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Looking at the NIK website demo, the software looks great. It seems to operate using luminosity and saturation masks.

For a MUCH cheaper alternative check out the following link. Tony Kuyper, a fantastic landscape photographer, has developed a set of actions that are amazingly easy to use and extremely powerful. Best of all, he is only asking for a small donation and he'll email the actions and instructions. I have no affilliation with Tony other than being a user of his actions.

Do yourself a favor and check out Tony's site. The tutorials seem complicated, but the actual use of the actions is easy as pie.

http://www.goodlight.us/writing/tutorials.html

I'm sure the NIK product is fantastic, but for us with limited funds,,,,,,,,

Robert Amoruso
03-05-2008, 03:19 PM
David,

Good link. I have seen this website and am familiar with these processes. I have used them too.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Alfred Forns
03-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the ling David Will check it out !!!

Jim Poor
03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Ok, for those who have been using Viveza longer than I (about 20 minutes into my 15 day trial) maybe you can help me figure out why it only seems to work on certain images.

So far, if I select water and darken it, everything gets dark with the water. If I select the subject and lighten it, then the water gets light too.

Mayhaps the colors are not sufficiently different?

Here's an image I've been playing with.

mikeojohnson
03-05-2008, 07:28 PM
If you belong to this org: http://www.photoshopuser.com/

you can get $50 off.

They also get you free shipping from B&H and fairly significant (8-10%) on Apple products. More than pays the $99 membership fee.
Mike

Alfred Forns
03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
JIm that is not a very good image to be using The plug in is designed for enhancing locally It won't work as well for making saves !!!

Jim Poor
03-06-2008, 10:00 AM
I suppose I was pushing the tools limits in the area of selection ability. It has some good uses I can see, but the interface is pretty jumpy at times for me on a 8-core 3ghz machine with 16GB of RAM. I'll give a few more days for sure.

Alfred Forns
03-06-2008, 10:03 AM
8-core 3ghz machine with 16GB of RAM .................................................. . Well on wonder ..... get a faster machine :D Sure you got enough ram :eek: Sweet !!!!

Nancy A Elwood
03-06-2008, 10:55 AM
It worked fine for me. I just love the program.

http://pnelwood.phanfare.com/show/external/567111/798688/38044801/file.jpg

Jim Poor
03-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi Nancy. Thanks for working on it.

I'd have to say that it still didn't work though. At least not like in the demo vids. If you look closely, the gull in the BG has turned reddish in color.

The duck is certainly lighter, but so is the BG. I'd love to be able to leave the water dark while lightening the duck. I'd like to kill the color shift too. I'd like to do all this without having to resort to the brushes (I can do all this with CS3 using brushes).

I realize that the brownish color of the water in the original makes it hard for the program to pick out the differences. I did try it on a bright yellow flower on a dark green BG and the results were better, so I'm taking a hard look at what types of image this program is good for. I certainly haven't written it off yet.

Ric Grupe
03-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi Nancy. Thanks for working on it.

I'd have to say that it still didn't work though. At least not like in the demo vids. If you look closely, the gull in the BG has turned reddish in color.

The duck is certainly lighter, but so is the BG. I'd love to be able to leave the water dark while lightening the duck. I'd like to kill the color shift too. I'd like to do all this without having to resort to the brushes (I can do all this with CS3 using brushes).

I realize that the brownish color of the water in the original makes it hard for the program to pick out the differences. I did try it on a bright yellow flower on a dark green BG and the results were better, so I'm taking a hard look at what types of image this program is good for. I certainly haven't written it off yet.

I tried Viveza on several images of varying types.

Agree about the price being way to high. $99 seems about right.

After I got over the coolness factor...I realized I can do these same things for no added expense and have decided against it.

The masking feature is too limited and not absolute since areas outside the mask become somewhat effected by the adjustments.

For someone new to editing...it could be a real help.

AndyBell
03-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Sadly, if you live in GB or another EU location, you HAVE to purchase in Euros. At current exchange rates $250 USD = £124 and 250 Euros = £191, so I have to pay nearly £70 more.

Crazy - but it looks like a good product to me.