PDA

View Full Version : 5aD: What is it?

Roman Kurywczak
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Gotta' Blame Jules on this one.:D....for giving me ideas! unsure about this one......sharpened it extensively to bring up the natural grain...which I liked.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 180mm macro plus the 20mm tube at f29 for 0.4 sec and ISO 800......tripod mounted, ambient light, laying on light table.
Will post entire view later in this post.

Anita Bower
07-06-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm guessing a strawberry. I think you got a nice composition here. Wonder how it would look rotated 180 degrees, putting the darker area at the bottom.

Kerry Perkins
07-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Sliced strawberry for me too. :) Could maybe tone down the white areas. Looks yummy!

Roman Kurywczak
07-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Correctfor both of you! Here is the full frame version.....where you can see the section I moved in on. I tried and liked the rotation Anita!

Anita Bower
07-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I like the second post much better! Nice translucent quality to the red, and the green is a lovely contrast. Nice composition. Love that white bg.

Ken Childs
07-06-2010, 05:31 PM
I agree with Anita. The second post looks fantastic!

Ed Cordes
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
I'll add my preference for the second post. However the first is certainly interesting, but doesn't have a clear anchor to show what it is. However, both are SWEET! ;)

Julie Kenward
07-08-2010, 07:14 AM
It's great to be back! I couldn't access anything yesterday.

Very nice image, Roman, but I'm with the others - that second post rocks! In the first post I like the grain, colors and orientation but not the white areas. In the second post it makes me want to run right out and make strawberry pie!

Kaushik Balakumar
07-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Roman, the full version (i.e. 2nd image) is simply fantastic. Loved that white BG and the especially the lighting.
Might increase the contrast on the right-most leaf (towards top of the frame) to bring out more details like those seen in the leaves on the left.
This is top class image !

Christopher Miller
07-08-2010, 09:00 PM
I like the second image better too. Beautiful colors and I love the lighting and high-key BG. A rather different and eye-catching way to present a strawberry!

Desmond Chan
07-09-2010, 12:35 AM
Forgive me for being a contrarian, the strawberry in the second post looks thin and flat. Is that what actually it is? I think I prefer to see some shadow in the background. Technically it certainly is very well done.

The first image...it looks to me either there's some camera shake or strawberry shake :p