PDA

View Full Version : Farm Country

Jackie Schuknecht
07-05-2010, 08:56 PM
This started out as a jpeg. Converted to black and white using IR. Added back a bit of green grass for colour, and some fake raindrops. Just wanted to include something for the theme. Taken with my old Olympus P and S.

Deborah Hanson
07-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Like the B&W with just a hint of green in foreground. Clouds look heavy and low with rain (not seeing the rain drops but get sense of rain from sky). Image has great feeling of depth (the small break in tree line towards the middle adds more depth as if you need to travel even further to the back of the photo). Good perspective.

Kerry Perkins
07-05-2010, 10:42 PM
I like the clouds and the very subtle color of the field. Looks like Midwest weather... Does it need a bit of CCW rotation? Could just be the way the ground slopes!

Mark Fuge
07-06-2010, 07:02 AM
Nice image and application, Jackie.

I think the FG is a bit heavy, as it restricts the area of the clouds which are the subject for the theme image. But nice image of the country setting.

If the horizon line is tipped, the barn is really tipped! ;)

Jackie Schuknecht
07-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I think it could use just a hint of CCW rotation Kerry. ( I am just looking at the barn wall). Mark, too heavy in terms of too much FG? Maybe I should try darkening the clouds a bit.

Cindy Cone
07-06-2010, 02:12 PM
I like the subtle color tones here, Jackie. I like the composition as it is, with the foreground (but maybe just a tiny bit of CCW rotation.) I wouldn't want to lose any of the grasses or flowers, and I like the diagonal line created by the changing vegetation.

Cheryl Slechta
07-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Jackie, I really like the subtle colors in the fg. Have you tried your converted IR camera yet? Mine's at Life Pixels now. I can hardly wait:)

Jackie Schuknecht
07-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the comments. Cheryl, I had mine converted to Super Colour IR, and I practiced all day Sunday. Results not the best, but I am hoping to take what I have learned and try again this w/e. I think you got B and W, so it might be easier. Do think it is a learning curve.

Christopher Miller
07-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Nice feel to this, Jackie. I like the B&W with the hint of color in the field. Nice composition. I might just add a little more to the left so that the barn isn't so close to the edge.