View Full Version : Boulder Beach- Maine

Bob Miller
07-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Nikon D-300
12-24 mm Tokina at 17mm
3 sec at f18
ISO200
vari N- D filter
All comments welcome! is the water too blue?

Robert Amoruso
07-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Bob,

I normally say bring up the details in the rocks but I know these rocks are smooth from the action of the surf and I think you captured that well. I also like the look fo the water and feel the composition is balanced nicely between the rocks and surf. A polarizer would have helped here with the rocks - but sometimes I don't like the affect on the water. Best to do it both ways.

Roman Kurywczak
07-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Hey Bob,
Really liking this one for both the rocks and the etheral look to the water. Balanced very nicely and while I definitely agree with Robert on trying this with the polariser.....the sheen on the rocks is what makes this for me! Not overly bright yet adds another layer of depth to the image. Very nicely done!!
PS I am partial to blues....so this works for me as presented.

Dave Mills
07-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi Bob, good comments above. I like the way you divided the comp and as Roman said the etheral look to the water. I might have missed that nice sheen since I generally use a polariser which would of taken alot of that out.
In this case it adds to the image. I have no problem with the water color..nice job!

Gerald_Gilligan
07-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Bob,
The long exposure may have improved the upper rocks but might have softened the lower rocks to the point that they lose a little of their impact...Overall , I like your image...shutter speed is your friend and I hope that you tried a few other attempts while out creating this great scene...
Jerry