PDA

View Full Version : Amish landscape

Hazel Grant
07-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Trust this fits the landscape definition. Recently in Lancaster, PA. Unfortunately, a very bright day and not much time, or otherwise I probably would have changed the f stops. some curves work, highlight/shadow and cropping from too much sky and grass. Would have been nice if the farmer had looked my way, but he was too focused. It is just soooo Lancaster County.
f. 5.6, 1/400/iso200

Hilary Hann
07-04-2010, 06:38 PM
It looks like a landscape to me, some may not like so many man made parts but they are part of the landscape we live in. An nice view on a timeless part of the USA, however I think it needs a cw rotation. The light was against you here but for those of us who have only seen the Amish in the movies, it is an interesting scene.

Bob Miller
07-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi hazel....nice moment! Does need cw rotation and a bit of sharpening

Robert Amoruso
07-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks for post in Landscape Hazel. I moved the image here is it met this forums definition better.

Nice slice of life in Amish Country. Just some rotation needed.

Alfred Forns
07-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Cool landscape Hazel Wouldn't have mind seeing even more !!!

Harold Davis
07-06-2010, 04:30 PM
that has to be a less stressful lifestyle. sometimes i think they got it right!!:)

Linda Dulak
07-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Hazel: Like the view. The farmer looking away is appropriate since the Amish do not appreciate their faces being photographed. That makes it authentic for those who know the Amish.

Linda