PDA

View Full Version : Interaction: Begging Great Egret nestling

Keith Carver
07-04-2010, 02:42 PM
This begging Great Egret chick and parent were at the Saint Augustine Alligator Farm in mid-April, one pair of many at that time of year. There were also plenty of excellent photographers there to document these interactions, and it's hard to say whether the egrets or photographers were the more interesting. =)

Techs: 1DM3, 500 mm, ISO 400, f/8, 1/250 sec, - 1.33 EC. Post: cloned out two small FG sticks that distracted from the chick. I thought about trying to remove the distracting BG behind the chick's open mouth, but decided I really wasn't proficient enough. :o

C&C appreciated.

Judd Patterson
07-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Definitely a fine moment in time that you captured Keith! I think I'd increase the contrast and saturation a bit on this image as it appears a bit 'flat' on my monitor. These nest images can be difficult because of all the distracting elements...I have to say that I really like the greenery in the foreground...very nice!

Keith Carver
07-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Judd, thanks for the suggestions. I upped the contrast and saturation in the repost, not sure which I like best. What do you think?

Axel Hildebrandt
07-04-2010, 04:16 PM
The color balance in the repost looks better and the interaction adds to it. I would tone down the highlights more.

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Nice repost and a beautiful captured moment. Well done Keith.

Hendri Venter
07-06-2010, 06:57 AM
The repost a sure improvement. Very nice moment captured. Well done.